April 13, 2023 – SES announced today that it has signed multi-year capacity agreements totalling more than €75 million in backlog with multiple German private and public broadcasters. The majority of renewals span several years and will enable millions of satellite TV households across Germany to continue watching SD and HD content, reinforcing SES’s position as the leading global content connectivity provider. The renewal deals include both private and public broadcasters who are looking to maintain the broadest reach, highest quality and maximum reliability for their video content delivery, including:
- QVC Germany – the live shopping broadcaster is renewing both SD and HD channels
- Seven.One Entertainment Group – the broadcaster’s channel offering continues to be available in SD
- Media Broadcast Satellite GmbH (MBS) – the provider of global satellite and terrestrial communications services is renewing capacity for SD channels
- Zweites Deutsches Fernsehen (ZDF) – the public broadcaster is renewing its HD offering
- HIGH VIEW – recently signed an extension with SES and has just launched additional channels
SES’s latest video contract extensions illustrate how both private and public broadcasters across Germany are leveraging SES’s satellites at the prime 19.2 degrees East orbital slot to directly reach more than 17 million satellite TV homes, surpassing other satellite or terrestrial operators in the country.