APSCC serves the satellite community in the following capacities:
1) Collects, distributes, and produces information, news, and literature regarding technologies, services, operations, policies, regulations, and other topics in the satellite and space related industries.
2) Assists and organizes joint efforts for the acquisition and development of spectrum and orbital resources
3) Provides expert technical assistance as well as consultation to coordination efforts on conflict of interest issues, particularly spectrum interference in the region
4) Participates in and coordinates joint efforts towards the development of international standards
5) Encourages deregulation of satellite and space related industries in the region
The lack of standard international procedures for these issues in Asia has created the need for APSCC to sponsor diverse programs to tackle and facilitate the completion of these goals. In terms of deregulation in satellite and space related industries, APSCC works for cooperation between member countries to minimize technical or regulatory barriers.
APSCC maintains cooperative relationships with other organizations, associations and institutions in the region including UN OOSA, ESCAP, ITU, APT, APEC and ABU. The specifics of those relationships are agreed upon mutually within the framework of existing international satellite and space related activities, rules and procedures APSCC continuously reaches out to those involved in satellite and space related industries and invites them to forge a relationship with APSCC.